She skillfully incorporated an elegant arch design, natural rattan lining, and classy brass T-bar handles to create a fresh and appealing IKEA Hemnes Drawer look.
View this post on Instagram
Materials Required for IKEA Hemnes Drawer Upcycle
For this DIY project, you’ll need:
- IKEA Hemnes drawer
- Molding glue
- Primer and paint
- Natural rattan
- Staple gun
- Brass T-bar handles
- Measuring tape
Steps to Follow
- Design Cut-outs: Sketch out the cut-out sections on the drawers, including an arch design in the middle.
- Cut Out Sections: Using a jigsaw carefully cut out the sketched sections.
- Glue in Moulding: Apply molding glue to secure the cut-out sections.
- Fill Gaps and Sand: Fill any gaps with wood filler and sand the surface for a smooth finish.
- Prime and Paint: Apply primer to the entire drawer, then paint it your desired color. @diydoctorat49 chose a vibrant green for this project.
- Staple Down Rattan: Cut the natural rattan to fit the cut-outs and staple it down securely.
- Attach Handles: Measure and mark where the handles will go. Make a template to ensure accurate drilling, then drill holes and screw in your brass T-bar handles.
To achieve the cleanest cut-outs with a jigsaw, start by drilling a hole in the area to be removed. This will provide a starting point for the jigsaw blade and make the process smoother. Always remember to use safety equipment when working with power tools.
This Impressive IKEA Hemnes Drawer is upcycled a testament to the power of a little creativity and some DIY skills. By adding a few design elements and changing the color, @diydoctorat49 transformed a simple drawer into an aesthetically pleasing and functional piece of furniture. With skillful craftsmanship and a keen eye for design, it creates a unique and stylish piece that stands out effortlessly.