There’s just something about transforming ordinary magazine rack pieces into extraordinary gems that truly speak to who you are.
This is where our friend @stepintodetail comes in, a mastermind in inventive design. She recently shared a genius project where she turned an ordinary IKEA LAGKAPTEN top and MOSSLANDA picture ledges into a magazine rack brimming with character. This isn’t just any magazine rack; it’s a remarkable statement piece that’s functional and a beautiful way to display your books, magazines, and cherished keepsakes.
We love this IKEA hack because it reflects a belief we hold dear: that everyone can design a space that tells their unique story. And the best part? It’s wonderfully doable. Here’s how you can make your own.
View this post on Instagram
Materials Needed for magazine rack
To get started, you will need the following:
- 200x60cm LAGKAPTEN top in black
- 4 MOSSLANDA picture ledges for each panel
- Black screws
Once you’ve gathered all the materials, follow these simple steps:
- Cut the LAGKAPTEN top to the desired length. This will depend on the size of the space where you plan to install your magazine rack.
- Attach the MOSSLANDA picture ledges to the LAGKAPTEN top using the black screws. These ledges will serve as your shelves.
- Place your magazines, books, and other items on the shelves. Arrange them as you like to create a personalized display.
Benefits of This IKEA Hack
The best part about this IKEA hack is its benefits:
- Unique and stylish design: Stand out with a design you won’t find anywhere else. This magazine rack is a conversation starter that adds a distinctive touch to your space.
- Easy to build: With just a few materials and steps, anyone can assemble this magazine rack.
- Affordable: Using IKEA products makes this DIY project budget-friendly.
- Versatile: This rack isn’t just for magazines. It’s versatile and can be used to store a variety of items.
Where to Find the Materials
Here’s where you can find all the materials needed for this project:
- LAGKAPTEN top: Available at your local IKEA or on the IKEA website.
- MOSSLANDA picture ledges: Also available at IKEA.
- Black screws: Can be found at any hardware store.
- Drill: Available at your local hardware store or online retailers.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to ensure a successful project:
- Measure your space: Make sure to measure where you plan to put the magazine rack before cutting the LAGKAPTEN top to size.
- Use a level: Ensure your shelves are straight and level before attaching them to the top.
- Personalize: To add a personal touch, paint the LAGKAPTEN top or the MOSSLANDA picture ledges to match your interior decor.
This IKEA hack magazine rack is a perfect example of style, functionality, and affordability all wrapped into one. It is easy to build, budget-friendly and can be customized to store various items. So why not try it and create a unique piece of furniture that adds a stylish touch to your home?
For more unique DIY projects and inspirational ideas, check out the @stepintodetail page.